Pet Urine Removal Treatment
Following 10 years of research and testing by a team of Ph.D. chemist and botanist, Harris Research, Inc. (the founders of the Chem-Dry system) applied for U.S. and international patents on P.U.R.T.® (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) the most significant discovery in odor removal history.
You no longer need to use ineffective chemical products containing strong perfumes, deodorants, and disinfectants, which only cover up the problem for a short period of time. Chem-Dry specialists use a Patented Ultraviolet light process to identify the exact source of the problem, then apply P.U.R.T. to carpet fibers and the backing of your carpet.
The revolutionary P.U.R.T. system works on all types of urine (animal or human) and can remove most pet stains and odors permanently.
So, don’t settle for a cover-up when you can have a total cure. Call American Chem-Dry by Mark Schmidt today!
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there, it penetrates the ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine. *
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.